I got the opportunity to speak with the BBC on this story yesterday. The interview was fairly soon after the story broke, so these are my initial thoughts. For more on this issue, see this earlier post.
- Afghan students choose education over fear
- Pardoning a Victim: How Afghanistan Continues to Fail Its Women 10 Years After the Taliban
- Life Is a Painful Wait Until the Next Attack for One Minority Group in Pakistan
- Iraqi Kurds: Displaced by Iranian and Turkish Operations, Ignored by the World
- Change in Taliban Tactics Not a Result of Pressure